Who are we?
We are Star Ventures Ltd, trading as Cellfood Direct. Registered Company number: 04124234
For the purposes of the Data Protection legislation, Star Ventures Ltd, trading as Cellfood Direct is the ‘Data Controller’ of your personal data for the purposes of the DPA 18 and GDPR. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we use your information. The Company Directors act as Data Protection Officers.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, as follows:
- Identity and contact data, which includes billing and shipping name & address, email address, telephone number and company name.
- Order details, such as special instructions that you have added to your order.
- Transaction details, which include details about payments to and from you, and details of products you have purchased from us.
- Profile data, which includes your purchases and your feedback via review.
- Technical data, which includes information about how you use our website and pages viewed, your device, IP address and location, registration date and time.
- Marketing and communication data, which includes your preferences in relation to receiving marketing or information emails from us.
- Email and telephone content data, which includes information that you have provided or that we have requested from you by email or telephone.
How we use, store and protect your information.
We aim to collect, process and use as little personal data as possible. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to permanently remove it.
Our website cellfooddirect.com has Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption present amongst other general security measures such as firewalls and password protection to certain areas of our site. All administrative processes are followed to ensure that your data is handled and processed accordingly.
Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed to third parties other than as described below:
- If we are legally obliged to do so.
- If you have authorised us to do so.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others, including exchange of information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To facilitate payment with PayPal who process all payments for purchases. Neither us nor PayPal retain any financial information you may submit as part of the purchasing process.
- We may have to share your personal data with delivery providers. In this instance we may pass your details including name, address, email address and telephone number to the postal or courier service to enable delivery of your product and in order to communicate delivery confirmations and/or estimated delivery times.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies, which are required for the operation of our website. They enable you to log into secure areas of our website and use a shopping cart.
- Performance Cookies, which allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it.
- Functionality Cookies, which are used to recognise you when you return to our website and remember your preferences.
If you choose to disable the cookies, some features of our website may not operate as intended.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data:
You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA 18 with regard to your personal data.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed, please Contact Us.